I have been watching the most recent series of 'Supernatural', and found out that a lot of people haven't ever seen it.
It is a bit hard to explain what it's about, in the fact that there are so many interesting points within all four series that I would find it hard to narrow it all down.
I have to say that I love this show!!
It's one of my favorites- I quite like supernatural, mythical stuff and this show deals with things like ghosts and demons as well as throwing in the odd ancient monster from old cultures that no one has heard of.
It combines these with interesting story arcs, so, you will have the main characters dealing with some sort of weird case, whilst still discussing the main story, and sometimes finding out that these cases are linked to their story.
The writers are great cause you wouldn't expect to get four seasons out of a show like this without it deteriorating, yet, they still manage to come up with original, great ideas that keep the programme alive and exciting.
They focus more on the characters lives and how hunting the supernatural effects them as people, and it is this that makes the show so popular, cause the audience becomes interested and fall in love with these characters so we ultimetly want to follow their stories.
It aslo uses great effects to create the monsters, (they get more and more FX based as the series goes on, obviously due to getting bigger budgets), but the show doesn't feel the need to dazzle the audience with gruesome beasts created by amazing FX. Quite often they use a combination of interesting shots, lighting, and story to help the beasts etc feel more real- we don't always necessarily need to see them, one episode you don't see the beast till near the end, which is what makes it scary.
As well as dealing with such dark subjects, their is a lot of humour- mainly sarcasm, to help lift the show as well as create the characteristics of each character, the snide comments that Dean, (Jensen Ackles, 'Smallville'), comes out with are great, I love hearing his dialogue and I think that Ackles delivers his lines so well.
Each series has a different story arc but the writers do occasionally link back, however the recent series has it's biggest story yet, but also links magnificently back to the very first series.
I can't say enough, I love this show and advice people to give it a try, it may not seem like your kind of programme, but you may find yourself addicted.
It really is one of my favorite shows!!
xxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment